Friday, February 17, 2012

V is for Valentine


Happy Valentine's Day! We started working on our activities for Valentine's Day last week and the kids had a blast!

 We made pink play doh and added in Valentine sprinkles for fun.
 I wanted Luke to make hearts but typical boy wanted to make a volcano that erupted with sprinkles.
 Using the pizza cutter for this was a big deal!
 Laila loved this.

 Working on counting with the candy hearts.
 My Valentine made me a card. He is so thoughtful. 
 Laila hard at work.
 For snack time we made love arrows. Luke is shooting me with one right now.
 Pretzels and heart shaped marshmallows.
 So while putting Sam down for a nap the kids got a hold of my paper towel roll. The whole roll was undone. I normally would have fussed but they were having so much fun!  They said they were making Halloween costumes. They had my tape roll putting the pieces together. It was really cute so I decided not to get mad and  helped them finish up! 
 Luke is some kind of creature with wings

 I love this kid!
 Sorting candy hearts.
 First time doing a graph. 

 Ended the week with a little camp out on the floor!

2 comments:

  1. Love the paper towel costumes! :) I'm finally catching on to how to roll with Isaiah's playing ideas, and it's so fun.
    You're such a great teacher and mama! I linked to your blog on my latest post because I think people need to see your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your Valentines fun so much. Love the paper towel story. I can just hear them giggling as they played. That's really an inexpensive way to have fun.

    ReplyDelete